Tuesday 21 February 2012

Hackathon @ the Guardian

I have to say that I like the Guardian's offices they are really nice.
I went to attend a Hackerthon there last Saturday (18 Feb 2012) with my daughter 14 (artwork and business consultant) and Vlad 15? (php and javascript) a friend of the family.  After a brief intro from a number of different API vendors we started hacking together a solution for people finding events in conferences.  Our team also included:
Steven De Salas
Munthir Ghaleb
Praveen E
Pooya Yavari
I had a howling cold which did not help things much.  After five hours our components that we had made looked beautiful, but we had run out of time getting them to talk to each other and so we had little to show.  The other teams made less ambitious components and delivered something to show to people.
We really enjoyed the teamwork and the taking part was as important as the winning (yes I am English).  It also told us a good lesson in timemanagement!

No comments:

Post a Comment